Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Computer = AWSOME!



So my tax return has come and gone... although this year I spent it on something a little more flamboyant. I found a nice quad core amd, 4gb ram, vista 64bit HP computer from the now dead Circuit city for just under 500 bucks. Added a 512mb DDR3 ATI graphics card with the dti cable... then found a smokin' acer 24" monitor on clearence at office depot...




The final result is a very inexpesive and very very nice gaming machine.




My first surprise on play City of Villians was all these orange things on the ground. I was zoomed out (since playing a mastermind is not unlike playing an RTS game)... I zoom in and I find a large pile of empty bullet casings littering the ground that roll around and out of the way as I walk over them.


See for yourself, bullets everywhere!






I also swung the camera around after fighting a gravity controller boss (who has one power that pulls a large object from the nethervoid and flings it at a target) to find a junkyard of discarded flung objects (including a fire hydrant, car, dumpster, and peices of modern art).



The other nice upgrade is to the character and world models... as you can see by the pictures. Which still runs very smoothly.


For an out dated game, it still looks pretty good.
My next task is to load up Eve (either a new trial account or reactivate my old game)... also I may have to borrow my friends account on WoW to see what settings I can push... never having a computer that could handle this kind of graphic load before, it's really a new experience! I'm almost like a kid in a candy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment